what time is Noon, Afternoon, evening, Night
Noon is at 12:00 PM.
Afternoon is from 12:01 PM to around 5:00 PM.
Evening is from 5:01 PM to 8 PM, or around sunset.
Night is from sunset to sunrise, so from 8:01 PM until 5:59 AM.
Formal Titles in English
In business situations, use formal titles unless the people you meet tell you otherwise. To get someone's attention you can say: "Excuse me, Sir" or "Pardon me, Madam/Ma'am." To greet someone you can say: "Hello Sir" or "Good morning, Madam/Ma'am."
Here are the formal titles English speakers use:
- Sir (adult male of any age)
- Ma'am (adult female - North American)
- Madam (adult female)
- Mr + last name (any man)
- Mrs + last name (married woman who uses her husband's last name)
- Ms + last name (married or unmarried woman; common in business)
- Miss + last name (unmarried woman)
- Dr + last name (some doctors go by Dr + first name)
- Professor + last name (in a university setting)